Thursday, May 31, 2012

Beauty Box Review: May BellaBox!



Hello fellow makeup lovers!

I have the GREAT pleasure of reviewing May's bellabox! I have to say, I was uber excited (more than any grown lady should be) when I opened this month's box! The massive grin that spread across my face, that little (ok, maybe it was more high pitched and suited for canine senses) squeal that escaped my lips that made my colleagues look as though I had gone mad.. yeah, that was how excited I was. I put every little girl ever excited about a damn pony or whatever it is that parents got them, to SHAME. That's right, I WENT there.


I was so excited that I promptly went and spammed bellabox's Facebook page to the point where I felt was borderline stalkerish.. (please don't block me)..

Also, I must stress that I am NOT being paid for this review, nor am I affiliated with BB - just a satisfied customer and happy camper ;) I paid for this subscription with money earnt with my blood, sweat and tears. I'm not kidding about the tears. (teehee).

Just a recap, bellabox is a subscription service that sends beauty goodies to your door once a month.
For each month you are subscribed to, you are sent 4-5 high end and boutique beauty and skin care samples to try out! All for $15 a month which also includes postage :)

So without further ado, I present the May bellabox!




May samples

- Avene Emulsion
I swear by Avene Cleanance gel as a cleanser. So I was SUPER DUPER excited to see Avene products this month! So nice and hydrating. Great for the Winter months ahea...


- Avene Eluage Eye Contour Care
Eye creams are amazing. Period.

- Bobbi Brown Mini Mascara in Black

This is actually my first Bobbi Brown product that I've ever tried - so naturally, I was excited when I saw it. It certainly delivers with lengthening my lashes and separating it, but personally, I dont like my lashes separated - they are sparse as it is already!

I always look for volumising mascaras, so I had to top this one off with my L'oreal 4D Lash Architech mascara.


- emergin-c hydra-repair

THE BEST. Savvy?

OK, so I wasnt impressed to start with, 'cos the capsules were pretty much Mai-proofed. I had a jolly time wrestling it open. And once I did get the serum out. Oh boy, does the scent hit you like a tonne of bricks!

But I pressed on and warmed it between my fingers and applied to my face as directed. It left my dry and wind beaten skin feel soft and supple. Awesomeness in a campsule. Be sure to hold your breath.

- Sebastian Professional Shampoo, Conditioner & Treatment

My hair has been a little weird lately.. and hopefully this will do the trick. Update will come :)

- Savior Faire Lipstick in 407 Grace

At first I was a little disappointed with the dark tone of the lippie - I'm more of a coral person. But then I swatched it. And I fell in love. Such a lovely rich colour - I cannot do it justice by even attempting to explain the colour. This has to be swatched or viewed in person.

It felt incredibly smooth and silky upon application and there is a slight shimmer to it. Did I mention I was in love?

So I know this review is sneaking in JUST in time before May ends.. but hey! I'm getting there!

By subscribing to beauty boxes, it let's you step out of your comfort zone and try new things. I was always all for mineral makeup (the legit ones) and I am now more experimental. I feel that if I have a good base on, I am happy to try other things to go on top.

So to reiterate, the subscription was paid with my own money and I am not being paid for this review. It is purely my own thoughts and opinions :)

I am looking forward to the June's box - are you?

M

No comments:

Post a Comment