Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Beauty Box Review: February bellabox!



Yes. She's back. And with good attitude this time!

Since I last blogged.. so much has happened - both good and bad :)

Good news is that my new job is FANTASTIC and it has taught me so much - especially about blogging. I'm hoping it will transfer to this little blog of mine.

So without further ado, I present the February bellabox!


bellabox is one of the greatest thing to (finally) hit our shores in terms of beauty and cosmetics. For each month you are subscribed to, you are sent 4-5 high end and boutique beauty and skin care samples to try out! All for $15 a month which also includes postage :)

I'll admit, when I first discovered birchbox (one of the first pioneers of beauty box samples) was only available America, I died a little inside (a little dramatic..I know..). So you can only imagine how stoked and eager I was to find out about bellabox!



February samples

- sasy n savy rose lavender hand cream
Smells absolutely incredible! I for one was extremely glad I wasn't sent the citrus scent hand cream..floral is more my thing ;)


- b by bloom collecta eyeshadow duo - taj mahal
my duo consists of a shimmery dusty pink and a shimmery bubblegum purple. To be honest, I have had my eye on this collection for awhile since I first saw it at Target! I have an engagement party to go to and the bride to be has requested a "Spring, colourful theme" and I am happy to oblige with this duo. It would be a great way to test out the pigmentation, staying power and any creasing tendencies!


- emergin-c face mask
Saving it for my pamper day end of this month ;)

- sanctum body smoothe
I'm not incredibly thrilled on the citrus scent, but I'll live. My skin feels incredibly smooth and supple after application. I'm impressed.

- star and rose confetti soap roses
Not much of a soap user and I'm reluctant to try it out simply cos the rose is just so pretty!

- chocolate hearts from the chocolate box
A lovely edition and surprise for Valentines Day :)


I received this bellabox 3 days after Valentines Day (my colleagues joked that I sent it to myself.. I retorted that I wasn't as sad as they were.. hey, you have to take what you dish out...) and boy was I excited!

I just love the sample sizes - ideal for when I travel (which is a lot, up and down the coast) and its just not feasible packing all my beauty products with me. I also leave some at work for any emergencies that tend to creep up.. you can never be too prepared!

By subscribing to beauty boxes, it let's you step out of your comfort zone and try new things. I was always all for mineral makeup (the legit ones) and I am now more experimental. I feel that if I have a good base on, I am happy to try other things to go on top.

The subscription was paid with my own money and I am not being paid for this review. It is purely my own thoughts and opinions :)

I am looking forward to the March  box - are you?


M

No comments:

Post a Comment