Friday, May 7, 2010

Foundation Review : Body Shop Nature’s Minerals


-->
The Facts
Cost: $39.95
Weight: 5g
Packaging: Screw cap lid in a plastic casing. There is a sifter inside for the fine powder to pass through. It's ok, but powder does tend to fall out and fly everywhere.

The Body Shop Nature’s Minerals foundation powder is very fine and soft, applies like a dream to the face and is very buildable. The coverage is light to medium depending on how much you want to apply. I am not fond of foundations that look cakey and heavy so this product was a god-send. When applied, it illuminates the skin very nicely and gives you a bright, glowing face.


I use the Nature’s Minerals Kabuki Foundation brush to apply the foundation. I love this brush as it is extremely dense and soft on your skin.

However, be very weary when selecting your shade. I suggest having the product tested on at a Body Shop store and wearing it for a few hours to see how you feel with it on. I found that with TBS Nature’s Minerals foundation, it oxidises and turns a shade darker. I currently use the 02 shade as it was the lightest shade available at time of purchase in 2007. A tip is to not keep makeup in the bathroom as this speeds up the oxidisation process due to the steam from showering etc.

There is good news for Asian readers, TBS released a shade designed specifically for us in 00 shade! I have been to the stores to compare both the 02 and 00 and I have to say, 00 ( a more yellow based foundation) is very suited for Asian skin tones whom are on the fair side.

I took a girlfriend shopping to start her off in the cosmetics world, and it was excellent timing as she was lucky enough to get test out the 00 shade. It blended perfectly for her skin tone and it looked like she wasn’t wearing foundation at all. I was very impressed and I tried it out a little myself, and I loved it! I can’t wait to finish off my own pot and grab the 00.

The reason I chose TBS MM range was solely based on the fact that it did not contain Bismuth Oxychloride or other known fillers. But as always, what works for me, may not work for another person as it is all down to personal preference and our unique skin.

Keep happy and healthy!
-Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment