Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cleanser Experiment: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser



Cost: $22 (RRP)
Weight: 1 Litre

I have been looking around for a cleanser for awhile now. A lot of reviewers talk about Cetaphil’s Gentle Skin Cleanser (CGSC) and sing it many praises. I was lucky enough to purchase this bottle slightly cheaper than usual at $18.99. Not much of a saving, but still a saving! It also came with 2 travel sized gifts – a 30ml cleanser sample and a Day Moisturizer.

 

I normally use Ella Bache Lait Enrinchi Requin as my daily and nightly cleanser, but as of late, it has left my skin feeling dry, tight and uncomfortable, to the point I have to quickly lather on my day/night cream to relieve the feeling. I recently used up my last bottle, and having purchased a Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (Advanced Formula), I decided to substitute that as my cleanser. And the same thing happened again. It used to leave my skin feeling nice and moisturised but now it leaves my skin feeling tight and dry. Let's hope CGSC works better for me!

There is a common consensus that CGSC is a great morning cleanser but horrible to use at night as it doesn’t remove dirt build up or make up easily. Since I’m not wearing any makeup today, I’ll see how it works as a night cleanser.

So, in about a week or two, I will post up my thoughts on CGSC, how it worked for me and as per usual, the research. I have a slight fear that this may break me out or make my skin dry as some reviewers have experienced..if that is the case.. I will update immediately and experiment would be off! 

Wish me luck!

-Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment